NMIMS Global Access
School for Continuing Education (NGA-SCE)
Course: Sales Management
Assignment Marks: 30
- All Questions carry
- All Questions are compulsory
- All answers to be explained in not more than 1000 words for question 1 and 2 and for question 3 in not more than 500 words for each subsection . Use relevant examples, illustrations as far as
- All answers to be written Discussion and group work is not advisable.
- Students are free to refer to any books/reference material/website/internet for attempting their assignments, but are not allowed to copy the matter as it is from the source of
- Students should write the assignment in their own Copying of assignments from other students is not allowed.
- Students should follow the following parameter for answering the assignment
- Pricing plays an important role in selling a product in the market and to build up Brands, please help a company selling soaps and shampoos to frame their pricing policy keeping in mind their brand Support the answer with examples
- What is your understanding of the qualities of a sales executive , how does a effectives sales executive contributes to increasing market share for a company?
- CASE STUDY – Maggi noodles
Case : Maggi Noddles
Maggi Noodles was launched in 1982 by Nestle India Limited as ‘Maggi 2-Minute Instant Noodles’ under the prepared dishes category. Since then, Nestle has stood its ground firmly in India, by setting its foundation as a well-known brand offering solutions to customers’ wants in different segments.
Maggi noodles is one of those brand names for which the quote “I came, I was, I conquered’ is apt. The brand replaced favourite Indian desi snacks such as Samos’s and kachoris with a hot bowl of Maggi Noodles.
Maggi used the tagline of ‘fast to cook, good to eat’ to woo Indians in the early eighties. Maggy understood the consumer’s inertia and apathy to try new things. Indian consumers, at that time, were exhibiting interest in Chinese noodles, and Maggi launched its noodles to take advantage of this craze. It offered convenience to the housewife and at the same time did not undermine her involvement with the kids. The masala flavour, made its way in to the minds of the consumers and Maggi found a place in the monthly budget plan of a household.
The use of brand elements such as its tagline ‘Fast to cook and good to eat’ and its catchy jingle, ‘Mummy bhook lagi hai’ (Mummy I am hungry) helped in positioning the brand in the minds of its customers Maggi targeted mothers with the convenience it offered and children with the fun element. The advertising campaign was followed by promotional activities such as trial pack distribution in schools.
- Outline the journey of Maggi in retaining its Brand position in India (5 Marks)
- How does the advertising campaigns and brand elements help the product in retaining market share? (5 Marks)
NMIMS Solved Assignments Help Services for September 2020
Visit Website: www.nmimsuniqueassignment.com
Call or Whatsapp us for best Solution: +91 8447543837